Can You Still Conceive If Sperm Leaks Out After Having Sex?
If you have been trying to conceive for some time, you worry that you will never get pregnant. It's natural to worry when you notice the sperm leaking out after you have sex.
If all the sperm is leaking out, won't that ruin your chances of getting pregnant? Not at all! Once the sperm has entered your body, nothing you do will get the sperm out again.
Semen and Sperm - Related But Not The Same
Semen includes sperm ( 2-5% of total volume) and other liquids from your partner's reproductive system. The semen helps energize the sperm. It also keeps the sperm safe from a harsh vaginal environment.
After ejaculation, the original thickness of the semen will change. It changes from a gel-like consistency to a more liquid form. This process takes about 20 minutes and helps the sperm cells to swim through the cervical mucus and towards the egg.
Everyone experiences the leakage of the semen after sex. It is not a sign that the sperm is "falling out." By the time you notice the leakage, the sperm has already traveled through the cervical opening and are well on their way to your egg.
So, Pregnancy Is Still Possible?
You can get pregnant, even if it feels like ‘everything’ is coming out afterward.
The sperm will be on their way to fertilize your egg by the time you get up and move around. While it is worrisome, you only need one robust and quick sperm to fertilize your egg.
For a man with normal sperm count, each ejaculation has at least 20 million sperm in it! Even if most of the sperm leaks out, there are still a significant number available to fertilize your egg.
Trying to get pregnant causes a lot of stress and concern. You should remove sperm leakage from your list of worries. It isn't something to worry about.
Steps to Take To Increase Your Chances of Getting PregnantYou still might worry. If you do, you can take steps that help the sperm stay in your body as long as possible. Such tips include:
- After having sex, place a couple of pillows under your hips to elevate them. Gravity will help the sperm swim faster. They will reach the cervix and move into the uterus and fallopian tubes. Fertilization is possible if the egg is waiting.
- Snuggle with your partner for a few minutes after sex. According to WebMD, lying in bed for 10 to 15 minutes after intercourse is helpful. It provides plenty of time for the sperm to reach the cervix.
- This will seem like common sense. If you are in your fertile period, try to have intercourse as much as possible.
- Some sex positions are more helpful. The missionary or rear-entry position helps the sperm deposits close to the cervix.
Now's The Time To Buy Your Pregnancy Tests!Considering you are over here reading about this topic, we guess that you are trying to get pregnant. You should be able to take a pregnancy test in about ten days from when you ovulate and have sex. We offer reliable pregnancy tests delivered right to your door! If you order today, you will have them on hand so you can test when the time comes!
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection