- NATURAL SLEEP AID FOR KIDS AND ADULTS - Valerian root has been shown to be effective in helping you fall asleep more quickly and improves the quality of sleep without causing morning grogginess. Valerian root is great if you suffer from insomnia and have difficulty falling and staying asleep.
- HELPS CALM NERVES AND SUPPORTS ANXIETY RELIEF - Studies have shown that Valerian root can help calm restlessness and improve your ability to concentrate. Many people find that it helps them cope with stressful or anxiety-inducing situations better. Many parents have found valerian root extract to be extremely helpful in calming and relaxing their children.
- NON HABIT FORMING AND SAFE FOR KIDS AND ADULTS - The organic valerian root tincture is NOT addictive or habit-forming as prescription sleeping pills can be. Herb Lore’s Valerian Root drops are safe for adults, babies, toddlers, and older kids. They are even safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- VALERIAN ROOT TEA WITHOUT THE BREWING - No steeping necessary! Add two droppersfull of Herb Lore’s valerian root tincture to hot water and you have instant valerian tea ready to drink right now.
- ALL NATURAL AND MADE IN THE USA - The high-quality organic valerian root tincture is: 100% Organic; Vegan; Non-GMO; Caffeine free; Pesticide free; Gluten Free; Contains no additives or fillers. Sweet Glycerite tincture is extracted in organic vegetable glycerine (made with non-GMO soy) and distilled water.
The 4-ounce bottle contains 168 droppers full - ( Approximately 5000 drops for children’s dosing). A 2-ounce bottle contains 84 droppers full (Approximately 2500 drops for children’s dosing)
SERVINGS AND USAGE: Adults -Use 1 - 2 droppers full as needed. A Droppersful = Bulb Squeeze = Approximately 30 drops of liquid tincture. Glass tube will only be partially filled with the tincture. Do not let children suck on the glass tube.
Dosage for children:
Younger than 3 months -- 2 drops
3 to 6 months -- 3 drops
6 to 9 months -- 4 drops
9 to 12 months -- 5 drops
12 to 18 months -- 7 drops
18 to 24 months -- 8 drops
2 to 3 years -- 10 drops
3 to 4 years -- 12 drops
4 to 6 years -- 15 drops
6 to 9 years -- 24 drops
9 to 12 years -- 30 drops
Valerian Root helps to relieve restlessness, emotional stress, anxiety and pain. It is very useful for promoting sleep and relaxation and is safe to use during pregnancy and lactation. Many parents have found this herb to be extremely helpful in calming overactive children and balancing children so they are able to focus and concentrate better.
NOTE: In a very small percentage of people, Valerian Root can stimulate rather than sedate. If you've ever taken an over the counter cold medicine and it has stimulated you rather than having a sedating property, then chances are that Valerian Root may do the same.
It is best to take the drops directly under the tongue. The valerian root works more quickly this way. If necessary, you can dilute the tincture in a small amount of water or juice. It may be flavored with lemon or honey to disguise the taste. (Note: never give honey to a child under one year of age.) You may also put the droppersful of tincture into a cup of warm or hot water for an instant cup of valerian tea. Heat your water before adding the herbs. Heating the herbs in a microwave may kill or weaken their healthful benefits. Avoiding any liquids or foods for at least 15 minutes afterward provides the best results.