- HIGHLY NUTRITIOUS - This organic alfalfa supplement is a very rich source of vitamins and highly absorbable minerals, as well as Chlorophyll. Alfalfa ( Medicago sativa ) is also very high in protein and amino acids.
- EASIER TO SWALLOW - Unlike alfalfa tablets, these capsules are easy to swallow and won’t stick going down.
- FRESH, NON-GMO, VEGAN AND ORGANIC - Herb Lore Alfalfa capsules are made in small batches with alfalfa powder made from the alfalfa leaves, stems, tops, and flower. Small batches ensure you receive the freshest product possible. No other additive or fillers are used. They are gluten-free and preservative-free.
- RICH IN VITAMIN K - Taking alfalfa at least six weeks prior to your due date helps build up the reserves of Vitamin K in mother and baby, and can help prevent postpartum bleeding.
- MAY HELP RELIEVE JOINT PAIN AND STIFFNESS - Alfalfa has natural anti-inflammatory components that can help relieve stiff joints and pain caused by arthritis.
Alfalfa is extremely high in vitamins and minerals, especially Vitamin K, which helps to coagulate bleeding. It is recommended to take this herb at least six weeks prior to the due date to build up the reserves of Vitamin K, which can help prevent postpartum bleeding, even if there's a history of it.
Also, many women who choose to avoid the Vitamin K shot for their baby after the birth take Alfalfa at this six-week mark to naturally increase their and their baby's Vitamin K reserves.
Ingredients: Organic Alfalfa powder in vegetarian capsules. No other additive or fillers used. Our vegi-caps are certified non-GMO, vegan, and are Kosher and Halal certified. They are gluten-free and preservative-free.
Note: Due to Alfalfa's coagulating properties, it is not recommended for use by those on blood thinning medications. People with autoimmune diseases like Lupus should not take this supplement. Alfalfa contains an amino acid called L-canavanine that can increase inflammation in people with lupus by stimulating the immune system.