- FOR WHEN IT’S TIME TO STOP BREASTFEEDING - When baby, or mama, decides it’s time to stop breastfeeding, sage tea can provide mom some relief from the painful engorgement that can happen. Sage is the perfect herb for a weaning tea. It is known for its ability to slow breast milk production until there is no more milk available.
- HOW TO STOP BREASTMILK PRODUCTION - Herb Lore’s Organic Sage tea is easy to make. All you need to do is steep 1 tsp of the sage herb in 1 cup of water. You can add lemon or honey and drink the sage tea 3 times a day. You should see the production of breastmilk start decreasing in a day or two.
- ENGORGED? SAGE TEA CAN HELP - Sage leaf tea can help prevent the painful side effects that can occur when you consistently have too much breast milk like engorgement, plugged ducts and mastitis, It can make the breastfeeding experience more comfortable and rewarding for you.
- CORRECTING BREASTMILK OVERPRODUCTION -To help prevent engorgement issues, steep ½ tsp of sage in ½ hot water. Drink ½ cup sage tea twice a day. A decrease in your breastmilk supply should be seen in a day or two. If the desired decrease in breastmilk products isn’t seen, slowly increase the amount of sage tea you are drinking.
- 100% ALL NATURAL ORGANIC SAGE LEAVES - No additives or fillers used. Non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan and caffeine free. Made in small batches to ensure freshness and potency.
Sage is widely known for its helpful benefits for breastfeeding mothers. It helps dry up breastmilk production and can help lessen engorgement issues due to producing too much breast milk.
For Lactation: Sage is one of the most effective herbs for drying up breastmilk, which is helpful during weaning your baby from breastfeeding.
For curbing over-production, it is recommended to start with a very low dose of a ½ cup of tea twice a day. If this doesn't bring the desired decrease, continue to slowly increase the amount of herb until the desired balance is achieved. If you find that you've taken too much of the herb and it's decreased your production more than you wanted, just decrease the herb, and your production will bounce right back up. As each body is different and reacts differently, experiment with the dosage levels until you find the right balance for you. Results should become apparent within a day or two.
For weaning purposes, or to stop breastmilk production altogether, it is recommended to start with one cup of tea three times a day. Increase the dosage levels as necessary to achieve the desired results. Results should be apparent in a day or two.
Ingredients: Organic Sage Leaf. No other additives or fillers used. Non-GMO and gluten-free.
Instructions: Use 1 tsp of herb to 1 cup of water. Bring water just to a boil. Remove from heat and add the herb. Cover and steep for 15 to 20 minutes.