The Fertility TrackerŪ Saliva Fertility Monitor is only 6" high making it very portable or perfect for the bed side table. The lightswitch and focus knobs are easy to find and maneuver. This microscope has a 100X magnification, twice as strong as lipstick size models currently being sold.
Unlike other saliva ferning products, The Fertility Tracker Saliva Fertility Monitor comes with six (6) reusable acrylic slides allowing you to "revisit" past days and compare. This is something that can not be done with the lipstick models, which have only one small permanent slide.
The Fertility Tracker Saliva Fertility Monitor uses your saliva each day to determine your personal fertility status. It monitors levels of estrogen known to rise in the pre-ovulation part of the cycle. There are about 6 days in which you can conceive and the rise of estrogen and subsequent saliva ferning that occurs will help you pin point when you are ovulating. The Fertility Tracker is the easiest, most affordable fertility microscope that brings the best possible results using saliva ferning methods.
Many other pocketsize microscopes offer simple results but The Fertility Tracker has the advantage over them all with its powerful 100X illuminated magnification. This allows one to notice changes in saliva or cervical patterns earlier than the smaller microscopes. BUT The Fertility Tracker also has the convenience of small size yet is sturdy. Where a pocket microscope has one slide surface the The Fertility Tracker comes with a 6 slides allowing women to re-view their previous days results. This product is ideal for people with longer or irregular cycles. Friendly and Helpful support is offered by company owner, after you buy for usage issues and other infertility related issues.
How Use the Fertility Tracker Saliva Fertility Monitor
1. Take a slide from the case of 6 acrylic slides.
2. Place some saliva on the slide (in the circle) by using your fingertip or simply licking the slide itself. Please note that putting too much or too little will result in a poor reading. Simply make sure that you do not have air bubbles and that the slide is covered but not saturated.
3. Make sure that you are using your Fertility Tracker first thing in the morning before eating or drinking.
4. Wait for the slide to dry completely and place it, as shown, under the holding clips.
5. Turn on the microscope on by sliding the on/off switch into place.
6. Look through the eyepiece on top and note the patterns of your slide.
7. Do not wash slide but save to review in the days following.
8. The booklet includes many patterns for you to match your results to.
Ask the Expert
Woman's Day Magazine 9/1/03 pg 41
Q. Do those new Saliva-Based Ovulation Predictors work? Are they difficult to use?
A. According to preliminary data, they do seem to work as effectively as the conventional urine tests. The advantages are that they're less messy than urine kits and you can you them anywhere at any time. They are more expensive, about $60 a test kit compared to about $20 for the urine-based kits. But if you're tracking your cycle in an attempt to conceive, the newer test can be used multiple times for up to a year.
Laura Riley, M.D.
Assistant professor of obstetrics and gynecology, Massachusetts General Hospital Boston