Quick Ways to Increase a Low Sperm Count
As you probably already know by now, around half of all fertility issues that couples experience can be traced back, at least in part, to a problem with the male partner. Problems such as a low sperm count can just as easily interfere with conception as other, more complex issues. The good news is that there are some relatively quick and painless ways that you may be able to go about increasing a low sperm count. Here are a few:
- Use Maca. Maca has been used for centuries as an aid to fertility, and it’s never been easier to get your hands on this natural nutritional supplement. Maca contains a number of key vitamins and other nutrients that are essential for conception in general, and for a good sperm count in particular.
- Deal with lifestyle issues. There are major lifestyle issues like the use of illicit drugs and the abuse of alcohol that will contribute to a low sperm count. Smoking is another possible cause of a low sperm count, too.
- Drop processed foods. Switching to a diet that’s rich in vegetables and low in fats will help your overall health and may also help your sperm count as well.
- Get some exercise. Getting regular exercise can help reduce your stress levels, which are thought to contribute to a low sperm count.
- Don’t get overheated. Overheating of the testicles can negatively impact sperm count as well as overall sperm health. Consider switching from briefs to boxers, and avoid hot tubs as well. Take care when bicycling, too.
- Look into other nutritional supplements. In addition to taking a Maca supplement and eating a balance diet, you can help increase your sperm count by making sure you get enough Vitamin C, Vitamin E, l-carnitine and others.
If you’re concerned that you may have a low sperm count and that it may be affecting your fertility, talk with your doctor. In addition to taking some of the steps above, there may be other more aggressive medical procedures that are necessary to help maintain the health and quality of your sperm.