Saliva fertility monitors – How they work?
Saliva Fertility Monitors
A saliva fertility monitor is an accurate and convenient device for predicting and verifying your time of peak fertility or ovulation. By measuring changes in the electrolytes in your saliva, the saliva fertility monitor tells you the optimal time for conception. All you have to do is just saliva on the lense or slide.
How does a saliva fertility monitor work?
Simple saliva fertility monitors are non electronic devices with lens that help you view and detect hormonal changes in your saliva prior to or during ovulation. All you need to do is add a drop of saliva to the lens and let the sample dry. In five minutes, you can view the sample through the microscope. When you press the LED light button or turn the microscope on, depending on the style of saliva fertility monitor you have, and focus by turning the eyepiece of the microscope, you will notice certain specific patterns.
If you are ovulating – or about to ovulate – a ferning, crystal-like pattern can be viewed. At this time, conception is most likely. This is your most fertile time of the month. Conception is possible from between 3 days before to 24 hours after ovulation. If you are not fertile, you will notice a non ferning simple dot patterns and lines that indicate no ovulation. If you re in a transitional phase, you will notice small ferning patterns – or crystal forms – appear among the spots and lines. This indicates that ovulation may occur in 3-4 days and at this time, conception is possible, though not yet likely.
Popular brands of saliva fertility monitors like Fertile-Focus and the Fertility Tracker are 100% safe, natural, and accurate aid to conception and very affordable too. Using saliva fertility monitors makes knowing your most fertile time of the month just five minutes away. Saliva fertility monitors are also suitable for all women who are trying to conceive. They are also ideal for women with either regular or irregular menstrual cycles.
What are the benefits of saliva fertility monitors over other devices for ovulation prediction?
Here are some key features of saliva fertility monitors that make them popular and preferred to LH and BBT charting, other common methods of ovulation prediction:
- Proven 98% accurate
- Safe and easy
- No urine handling
- Not LH or BBT—totally unique
- Predict ovulation up to 5 days in advance
- A sturdy metal body & quality lens makes it reliable.
- A powerful 60X magnification ( Fertile-Focus ) or 100x magnification ( Fertility Tracker ) lens for 98% accuracy and ease-of-use.
- Saliva fertility monitors like Fertile Focus are discreet and look like an attractive lipstick case.
- You can test anytime and anywhere and get results in just five minutes.
How do I use a saliva fertility monitor?
A saliva fertility monitor detects hormonal changes that occur prior to and during ovulation. As estrogen increases, “ferning” or crystal patterns can be viewed in dried samples of saliva. These patterns indicate that ovulation is about to take place. The duration of your most fertile time lasts from several days before ovulation to 24 or so hours after ovulation. When instructions are followed, saliva fertility monitors are up to 98% accurate for predicting ovulation.
For best results you can follow these tips:
- Test on a daily basis and record results on a fertility chart or calendar.
- Test first thing in the morning – but never after eating, drinking, or brushing your teeth. These activities may interfere with results.
- If you test later in the day, try to wait at least two hours after eating or drinking.
Here are some situations in which a saliva fertility monitor is most recommended to women trying to get pregnant:
- Both partners are healthy and want to get pregnant as soon as possible.
- You would like to know your fertility cycle better or confirm that you are ovulating.
- Your doctor has performed diagnostic tests on the male partner and reported normal results,
but conception has not occurred after a few months of unprotected intercourse.
- Your doctor has suggested that you begin using a basal body temperature (BBT) chart to verify that you are ovulating.
You can use the saliva fertility monitor along with or instead of the BBT.
- You’ve been using urine LH sticks according to instructions for two or three months without conceiving.
Remember, urine LH sticks give very little advance notice of ovulation.
- You are using artificial insemination or in-vitro fertilization.